Event Terms & Conditions
The People and Culture Association – Membership Terms & Conditions 2021
- Membership Offering
- The People and Culture Association is committed to providing quality membership offering and shall:
- create and publish educational events, training and qualifications, and continuing professional development (CPD) with recognised certification;
- undertake, host and share research and developments in the areas of transformational culture, HR & leadership; conflict management; restorative justice; organisational development; positive psychology; behavioural science; and systems thinking;
- provide access to internal and external free and discounted membership benefits, and concessions subject to the relevant terms and conditions;
- partner with other bodies and organisations at local, national and international level; including the provision of online and face-to-face networking;
- keep members updated regularly with news and events via the weekly newsletter.
- Membership Duration
- Your membership is valid for the agreed duration – either on a calendar monthly or yearly basis.
- Membership Fees
- Membership of the Institute in each category of Membership and access to Member Services is conditional upon the payment of the appropriate subscription fee.
- Subject to clause 5, Members are not entitled to a refund of any membership subscription fees following termination or cancellation of membership.
- Membership Renewal
- To renew your membership you must pay your subscription fee in full for the upcoming month or year.
- Where any subscription payable by the Member to the Institute is not paid by the Renewal Date, your membership shall be deemed to have lapsed. Once membership has lapsed, access to membership benefits will cease, but can be resumed with payment at any time.
- Right to Cancel Membership
- Members shall have a right to cancel their membership within 14 days of receipt of their first monthly subscription or annual membership and receive a full refund. For further information, please contact the team on 0207 092 8847.
- Membership Termination
- A Member may terminate his or her membership by providing 28 days’ notice to the Institute, subject to clause 6.2 and 6.3 below.
- A Member shall cease to be a Member:
- on the expiry of 28 days’ notice to the Institute;
- if any subscription or other sum payable by the Member to the Institute is not paid by the due date, membership will be terminated;
- if the Board decides that a Member be expelled. This will be based on a misconduct or circumstances deemed by the institute to justify expulsion. Such individuals will have been offered a reasonable opportunity of being heard by or of making written correspondence to justify their case to the Board;
- Any Member who ceases to be a Member in accordance with clause 6.2 shall remain liable for all subscription fees and any other payments (Conference fees, CPD events etc.) due from the Member up to and including the date when s/he ceases to be a Member.
- Membership Rejection
- An application for membership or for transfer from one level of membership to another shall be determined by the Board which may in its absolute discretion decline to accept an application to change membership levels.
- Members are advised that the Institute may also, in certain circumstances, re-evaluate the Membership level of any person whose Membership was terminated or elapsed.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- All Intellectual Property which exists on the institute website, or which are provided to Members as part of their membership package are owned by The People and Culture Association and/or its external content providers.
- Membership does not provide the right to use The People and Culture Association Intellectual Property, including The People and Culture Association’ brand and logo. There may be certain circumstances where we will consider allowing this, but this must be expressly provided in writing.
- The Member shall not:
- licence, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, share or otherwise commercially exploit materials, including passwords, provided to the Member by the Institute; or
- licence, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, share or otherwise commercially exploit or otherwise make the Membership benefits available to any third party. The only instance where sharing of materials is permitted, is whereby that person is an assigned account user under a corporate membership.
- Force Majeure
- In the event of Force Majeure, The People and Culture Association shall not be deemed to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The institute shall not be liable for any delay or for non-performance of any membership benefits, or for any loss or damage caused thereby. To the maximum extent permitted by law, all losses arising for this reason shall not be recoverable by the Member.
10.1 At its absolute discretion, The People and Culture Association may at any time alter, amend, change, modify or withdraw any of the membership benefits that comprise the membership offering. It will be your responsibility to keep up-to date with any changes that we make, and your membership renewal and continued use of the Member Services shall be assumed as an acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions.
11.1 Any notice to be given under these Terms and Conditions shall be in writing, via email communication to the email address you provide within your membership account.
- Data Protection
- Governing Law
13.1 These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and all disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.